Fountain Inn, South Carolina
“The Diamond Tip of the Golden Strip”
“Front Porch of The Upstate"
John R. Hastings, Sr.
Fountain Inn Chamber
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
Welcome to the “Front Porch of The Upstate”
The phrase “Front Porch of The Upstate” brings back memories for me and so many others from decades gone by. Those times when life moved a little bit slower, and families would gather on their porches just to relax and enjoy teach other's company. This is the feeling I trust you will encounter here in this beautiful southern city known as Fountain Inn, South Carolina.
Several years ago, Fountain Inn had a choice to make: remain the same with closed storefronts, losing businesses, tourists, and even families to the larger cities. Or, make some important changes to make life better for all. We chose the latter, making many positive changes to our downtown business district, yet maintaining that important “feel” of a small southern town.
The City of Fountain Inn, Economic Development, the Fountain Inn Chamber of Commerce, the wonderful citizens and businesses of Fountain Inn, along with many others, have done an outstanding job of transforming the downtown area and beyond. Everyone worked hard, and everyone worked together.
When people talk about Fountain Inn they first talk about our Christmas Festival, carriage rides, and the holiday theme decorated houses. But Fountain Inn is SO MUCH MORE. Many things come to mind such as city hall and local government, and the provisions of utilities, sanitation, law enforcement and fire suppression, transportation, and the recreation and parks/greenways that interweave to provide a quality of life that those in a city enjoy.
In the late summer of 1985, my husband and I moved to Fountain Inn with our 1-year-old daughter, Ashley. It was an exciting time for us as we made what we thought would be the first of many moves as our careers and family grew. We are proud to say that we never had to make those moves. Fountain Inn has been the perfect town to raise our family, growing by another daughter, Rebecca, in 1990, and to build the kind of life we dreamed of as that young family those years ago.
Fountain Inn offers the best of both worlds. We are a charming, small, Southern town community nestled quietly in the Upstate with all the amenities of larger municipalities on a more convenient level.
- Fountain Inn at a glance
- Plays, art classes and more: The Younts Center for Performing Arts offers art in abundance close to home
- Fountain Inn aims to be a destination that appeals to residents, businesses and visitors
- Fountain Inn’s quality of life has ‘big-city appeal and a hometown feel’
- Youth sports leagues and recreational opportunities abound
- A new collaboration expands access to services for area seniors
- Fountain Inn is 'the 'Inn' place where the past and present coexist in harmony'
- Looking for something to do? Fountain Inn has plenty of family-friendly, community-centered activities
- New schools planned to ease crowding in local classes