In the late summer of 1985, my husband and I moved to Fountain Inn with our 1-year-old daughter, Ashley. It was an exciting time for us as we made what we thought would be the first of many moves as our careers and family grew. We are proud to say that we never had to make those moves. Fountain Inn has been the perfect town to raise our family, growing by another daughter, Rebecca, in 1990, and to build the kind of life we dreamed of as that young family those years ago.
Fountain Inn offers the best of both worlds. We are a charming, small, Southern town community nestled quietly in the Upstate with all the amenities of larger municipalities on a more convenient level.
Fountain Inn offers:
- A downtown combining retail, restaurants, service-oriented businesses, and an event and art gallery creating a quaint “Main Street of Yesterday” atmosphere;
- An excellent city recreation department offering a wide variety of activities for all ages;
- State-of-the-art fire and police protection;
- Excellent schools with tremendous support from parents, grandparents and the community as a whole;
- The Kerry Ann Younts Culp Library, a branch of the Greenville County Library system;
- A strong church community;
- Civic groups involved on the local, regional, state and national levels;
- A center for the cultural arts, including community theater, performing and visual art classes, and events;
- Chamber-sponsored events such as the annual fall Aunt Het Festival, The Annual Christmas Parade, The Spirit of Christmas Past Festival, the annual horse show and the annual William D. “Bill” Abercrombie Memorial Golf Tournament; and
- A Fountain Inn city master plan designed to create positive change and growth for the residents and business.
The Fountain Inn Chamber of Commerce invites you to drop by and pick up its Visitor's guide. We trust it will provide you with valuable information about our town, government and business community.
On behalf of the Chamber, welcome to Fountain Inn … or should I say, “Welcome home!”
- Cindy Clemmer,
Past Fountain Inn Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors