Fountain Inn, South Carolina
“The Diamond Tip of the Golden Strip”
“Front Porch of The Upstate”
Welcome to Fountain Inn, South Carolina and all the best that we have to offer! This city was nicknamed back in 60’s as The Diamond Tip of The Golden Strip. Although that catchy phrase still holds true today, we can also be referred to as the “Front Porch of The Upstate”. Nestled in the Upstate of South Carolina, a region of all seasons, Fountain Inn is filled with abundant natural beauty and charming history. Our City's hospitality and warm friendly people are second only to the fun, exciting adventures you'll find here! It makes you feel as good as sittin’ in the rocker on the front porch.
Since its incorporation July 3, 1954, The Fountain Inn Chamber of Commerce has served the area as a non-profit professional organization. The Chamber’s mission is “to be an advocate for business, to promote business alliances, to provide valuable benefits and services to our members and to be a partner with economic development efforts in Fountain Inn and surrounding vicinities.”
When people talk about Fountain Inn they first talk about our Christmas Festival, carriage rides, and the holiday theme decorated houses. But Fountain Inn is SO MUCH MORE. Many things come to mind such as city hall and local government, and the provisions of utilities, sanitation, law enforcement and fire suppression, transportation, and the recreation and parks/greenways that interweave to provide a quality of life that those in a city enjoy.
In the late summer of 1985, my husband and I moved to Fountain Inn with our 1-year-old daughter, Ashley. It was an exciting time for us as we made what we thought would be the first of many moves as our careers and family grew. We are proud to say that we never had to make those moves. Fountain Inn has been the perfect town to raise our family, growing by another daughter, Rebecca, in 1990, and to build the kind of life we dreamed of as that young family those years ago.
Fountain Inn offers the best of both worlds. We are a charming, small, Southern town community nestled quietly in the Upstate with all the amenities of larger municipalities on a more convenient level.
- Fountain Inn at a glance
- Plays, art classes and more: The Fountain Inn Civic Center offers art in abundance close to home
- Fountain Inn aims to be a destination that appeals to residents, businesses and visitors
- Fountain Inn’s quality of life has ‘big-city appeal and a hometown feel’
- Youth sports leagues and recreational opportunities abound
- A new collaboration expands access to services for area seniors
- Fountain Inn is 'the 'Inn' place where the past and present coexist in harmony'
- Looking for something to do? Fountain Inn has plenty of family-friendly, community-centered activities
- New schools planned to ease crowding in local classes